Brown/Blue Spotty

2 April 2011

Stash!

A quick update on our trip to the Pins & Needles show at Newcastle Arena.
<<<-------  New Stash !  Lovely fabrics, beads, button, trim and patterns and a couple of needed DMC's.  I also have a mystery purchase to show at a later date once I have found something required to complete it!
The day started with a class on foundation piecing.  Our Teacher was Carol from Just Quilting and fortunately for us there were only 3 people booked in.  Our project was a heart ~ and the plan was to finish all the piecing during the class, which we all did, then embellish and finish later.  Our kit included a pre-made backing and Carol gave tips on embellishments and finishing.  I will post pictures once I have completed mine.  I love to learn new techniques so it was great to remove some of the mystery behind this one.
We met lots of people, Tuesday Stitching Girls, lovely stall holders ~ some we know from other shows and some new, EG members, Wednesday Quilt Group members and old painting buddies ~ Hi Sheila!
We were there when they rang the bell ~ almost had to be put out!  All in all a very tiring but thoroughly enjoyable day.
Hairdresser for me today, visits to make tomorrow to our Mums for Mothers Day, and miscellaneous household chores are what the weekend holds in store.  Hopefully I can fit in some stitching too.
Have a good one.

Kate

7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new stash. Glad you enjoyed your day out.

Mouse said...

ooo love the stash haul ... me n ally fighting over the fabbie heheheh ... glad you had a lovely time and looking forward to seeing more photos:) love mouse xxxx

Barb said...

Nice new stash there Kate,look forward to you showing us the mystery!
Sounds as if you had a great time at the show, so envious.


Take care

Christine said...

Sounds wonderful! You've got some great stash there

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Great stash haul, it was great to meet up, or rather keep bumping into you both. Look at my blog to see what I did with my workshop piece. Loved it, and went back this afternoon, met lots of people I know.

Sally said...

Nice new stash Kate. Love the fabric.

Val said...

Hello
I've nominated you for a Stylish Blog Award. I don't always comment, but I do enjoy reading your blog .
Please visit : http://talesfromastitchingwitch.blogspot.com/ to pick up your award

Val