Brown/Blue Spotty

12 February 2011

Birthday Gifts......

...and awful photographs, so apologies in advance.

My lovely friend C had a special birthday last week ~ I can't tell you anymore for fear of the consequences.
I can however show you my present to her.

 A needle book, a roll to store crochet hooks and other necessities, some machine thread and a Nancy Halvorson book with patterns for needlework accessories.



The crochet accessories roll was made from an online tutorial found here.  I discovered this through Tipnut which has a whole host of great ideas and tutorial links.


Needle book with stitched "Black Needles" design from Simply Necessaries. Stitched on 40ct antique white linen with WDW #6850 Bluecoat Red.  I added some Kelmscott Designs MOP thread rings and some pretty pins.

The fabric is a range called Marakesh from Maywood Studios which I found at my favourite LQS Just Quilting ~ I used this to make C's Christmas present too


This picture really shows the true colours of the fabrics!









Today Sis2 and her DH will be calling in for lunch ~ they are down from Scotland to visit the WP's this weekend.  LM is hoping for the rain to clear so he can get outside to work on his car and I hope to be finishing more small projects as I plan to give out the first batch of birthday gifts on Tuesday at stitching group.

Have a wonderful weekend

Kate

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh too much gorgeousness in one post!! I love the needle book and crochet roll, I think I might have to try to make one of those. I'm also loving the fabric bucket. Have a nice time with your family x

Mouse said...

OHHHH wow what lovely presents for your friend .... I've stitched the sewing machine one too for the harrogate bran tub last year :) ooooo want one of those arm chair things for threads n needles etc :) off to go and look at those links now :) love mouse xxxxx

Barb said...

Oh so nice a roll and bits and bobs Kate, enjoy your family time.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

WOW, fabulous!!!

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Lucky friend. Some beautiful presents.

Kate said...

Apologies ~ I should have added the link to the tutorial for the weighted pincushion, so here it is http://www.sewmamasew.com/store/media/blog/SMSPincushionOrganizer.pdf
Another fabulous site for tutorials.

Julie said...

Wonderful collection of goodies for your friend, thanks for the link on how to make the crochet roll

Anonymous said...

absolutely wonderful gift, what a lucky friend you have, thank you so much for the link for the pincushion tutorial I have always wanted to make one
lovely blog you have too