Brown/Blue Spotty

29 January 2014

OPAM 2014 ~ January

I'm sure that many would agree with me that we all need a little incentive ~ or in my case a swift kick up the backside ~ to get things finished.  To that end I have signed up for OPAM 2014 hosted by Peg & Kris.
The aim is to finish at least one craft project a month ~ it doesn't have to be a start from scratch project, it can be a WIP, a UFO, a new start ~ pretty much anything goes as long as it is a soft craft made from fabric/thread/wool in any combination.  There are a number of guidelines which you can find via either of the links above ~ #11 is my favourite as it specifies that all participants MUST have fun.  At the end of the day that is what our hobby should be about.

So in January I had fun, unfortunately I can't share pictures of all the fun yet as some are gifts:

A tiny Christmas ornament

The Sheep Day by The Little Stitcher
January Challenge on Needlecraft Haven Yuku Group

I'll be trying to stitch the challenge each month so hopefully will have a new batch of ornaments ready for this coming Christmas.


I have also finished a couple of things that I can't share pictures of as they are gifts which haven't yet reached their new homes ~ 1 is a small pillow finish and the other a wall hanging.  I should be able to share these finishes next week.



Here's a picture of the back of my ornament.
I need to work out how to add a list of my finishes into the sidebar ~ until I do you can find my list on the OPAM 2014 page tab near my blog header.

I'm pleased with my three finishes this month and plan to have 3 more next month, possibly 4.  I know it's a long way off but I'm really looking forward to seeing the final tally at the end of the year!

Kate






 

6 comments:

Christine said...

Great finish on your challenge piece Kate

Mii Stitch said...

Kate, your little ornament is just adorable! It will be a nice addition for your Christmas tree :)

Vickie said...

Very nice. I hope you can keep with the goal. That would be fabulous!

Julie said...

The cording on your challenge piece is lovely, a super little finish.

Joysze said...

This is darling, Kate!

Sally said...

A gorgeous finish Kate. I need to print out this month's. I have stitched it before but thought I'd do it again but I don't think I kept my print out!