Brown/Blue Spotty

17 March 2014

A Few Pictures

As promised I'm back with a few pictures ~ hopefully not too many to bore you all!

Firstly, my completed Part IV of La Pensee Positive.  I have thoroughly enjoyed stitching on this project, although I have been slow with the later parts.  Only Part V to complete and then I will have to decide how I will finish this.  I haven't a clue what I will do ~ I wanted it to be something useful, like a huswif ~ I'm still undecided.

Apart from working on a wedding sampler for my Niece & her intended I haven't really done much stitching.  I have one exchange piece which I hope to finish today and then I can mail both my commitment stitches out tomorrow.


Now for a couple of pictures from the wedding that Mr & Mrs LM attended on Friday.
The venue ~ Close House Hotel.  The hotel and grounds are beautiful and apart from being a little on the chilly side the weather stayed dry.  The ceremony and reception were held here in the main hotel and the evening reception was held in the golf clubhouse.
 Stunning light fitting ~ for some reason the LM seems to have a thing for light fittings! ~ in the room where the ceremony & reception took place.
Mrs LM ~ get a load of me in another dress!  The guys over my shoulder are, L - R, Best Man, Groom, Usher.  Mr LM appears to have been quite camera shy on Friday!
Another shot showing just how stunning this room is - sadly after October this year Close House are no longer hosting weddings. The tables were all named after famous bends on racing circuits and the food and service were fabulous.
Signing the Register ~ well looking like it ~ apparently it is not permitted to photograph the actual signing.  Laura, daughter of the Bride, Jacqui, Paul & Andrew, brother of the Groom.
I couldn't leave without showing you a car shot!
I'm car-less today as GB2 has commandeered Miss Jazzy to go to school ~ payback later is that he has to take me to the supermarket.
I'm off to get myself sorted for a trip to the Metro Centre ~ walking there of course but it's only about 1.5 miles ~ to pick up a few things.


Kate

9 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Looks like a gorgeous wedding!

Gillie said...

What an elegant lady, to be sure. Mm, I discovered that you can't photograph the signing while at niece's wedding last year....they produced a dummy book afterwards!

Julie said...

Congrats to the happy couple, it does look a very beautiful place to hold a wedding.
You look lovely!
Almost there with Positive Thinking, I'm hoping to get mine back from the framers this week.

Christine said...

That looks like a lovely wedding.
Not being allowed to photograph the register is a data protection thing, the registrars always do a mock up with a blank page afterwards, though funnily enough they don't seem to mind with church weddings.

cucki said...

Wow very sweet wedding :)
Big hugs and love for you all x

Vicky L said...

Positive Thinking looking good.
What a beautiful wedding. I love the details on the light fittings and the trims. Very beautiful. You are a very beautiful lady.

Barb said...

Hi Kate, What lovely wedding pics. and you all look very smart. So near a finish on your Jardin piece, I loved stitching mine.
Hugs

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your WIP is looking lovely!

Jaime Lyn said...

Kate,
The work in progress is lovely, and I enjoyed seeing the wedding photos. Can't wait to read your blog more! ~Jaime