Brown/Blue Spotty

19 August 2012

TUSAL & A Birthday Gift

Firstly my ORTs for the year so far ~ looking a wee bit boring at the top of the heap due to piecing a small quilt/play mat for a friend's little girl.  There really hasn't been too much stitching going on at all for me for several reasons ~ lack of time/holiday/illness etc.  I'm hoping that is going to change as I have many things to get on with ~ some with deadlines.

 Next is the birthday present ~ for Heather from Tuesday Stitching Group.  This was stitched last year however events took over the finishing and it got left for quite some time.  It's from Chez Elisa and was a really quick stitch ~ the hardest part was the finishing.  I finished it as a small wall hanging by making a cord and adding a fabric yo-yo to the back.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I'm way behind with just about everything but I'm hoping to be back soon with more news & stitching updates.

Kate

6 comments:

Karyn said...

Your ORTs are great,Kate, I decided not to even post mine this month as they are really pathetic looking :)
I adore your finish and can't imagine how you did it...gorgeous! Heather will just love it.
Hugs
Ma

Julie said...

Pretty gift you made for Heather.

cucki said...

lovely orts and cute ornie..
hugs for you xx

Mouse said...

at least you have more orts than me ..lol
love how your wee ornament has turned out :)
looking forward to seeing your updates soon :)
take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxx

Sally said...

I love the ornament you stitched for your friend. It is so pretty.

Bea said...

That's a lovely finish. Well done!