Brown/Blue Spotty

31 January 2011

Weekend Update

Why is it that when you have lots to stitch the weekend time just flies by?
I'm still working on my group birthday gifts and also managed to complete the stitching on my Black Needles piece.  The finishing is stacking up though ....

It was a quiet weekend with domesticity to the fore.  GB1 was studying for the last of his latest round of GCSE modular exams and GB2 was away for the weekend.  LM had car jobs which had been postponed several times due to inclement weather, so I volunteered to brave the supermarket alone and leave him to his tinkering.  Recently we have taken to ordering groceries online but somehow forgot this week ~ it wasn't so bad.
In amongst the laundry, groceries etc I did manage a wee visit to Just Quilting on Saturday as I needed some fabric to complete my valentine project.  There's always a lovely welcome here, and a coffee too ~ you could spend all day looking at all the yummy loveliness.  So many of the gorgeous muted, floral fabrics that Carol has looked great however as this is for LM they seemed somewhat inappropriate, so this is what I decided on ~ apologies in advance for the poor photography.

All You Need Is Love
The Drawn Thread


Stitched on 40ct Antique White Linen with my own choice of thread as I don't have any Gloriana Silk which the pattern calls for.








I think it will work ~ I'll keep you posted.

The week ahead holds a few good things in store ~ Tuesday Group meet at our house, lunch with a friend, an appointment with my hairdresser and hopefully some finishes.

Till next time

Kate  

5 comments:

Christine said...

Your Drawn Thread piece is lovely and the fabrics you chose to go with it are gorgeous, I love the one with the calligraphy on it

Val said...

Hi Kate - nice to see a new blogger and one from my part of UK !!

Val x (FS)

Pete's Pixie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Kate! I love your wee Valentine finish and I am sure your LM will too. Look forward to reading more in the future. Hugs, Ally xx

Mouse said...

Hi Kate .... ooooo lovely piece and nice fabric to go with it too :) mmmm time flies when having fun definitely. nice to see you in the blogging world too love mouse xxxx

Julie said...

The Drawn Thread piece is lovely, it'll be a wonderful gift with that fabric